A lot of people have difficulty choosing the right venue for their
wedding. Most times, they choose whichever venue is available and make
the best of it. Here are some time the things you might want to look
out for when you are looking at different wedding venues:
1. Make sure that you search for a wedding venue as early as possible!
2. The Deposit: Always make sure that the deposit for the venue is
affordable and reasonable. Also make sure that there are no hidden
costs as well as no hidden clauses. Make sure that you get a receipt
for the deposit.
3. Some of the hidden costs to look out for are insurance, fees for
an onsite manager, security, clean up, use of the tables and chairs,
4. Is there enough space in the venue for your vendors to set up the food, bar, etc?
5. Make sure that there are ample pug points close to the area where
you will be serving the food and also make sure these plug points work.
6. How far is the venue from where your guests live? Most couples
like to choose a venue that is easy to get to as they do not want their
guests to have a long drive back home after the wedding.
7. How easy is it to load stuff into the venue? Some of your
vendors will be require to load and unload their vehicle before and
after the wedding.
8. If the venue is located in a residential area, are their any
curfew times that you should be aware of? The last thing you need on
your wedding day is the police showing up on your doorstep asking you
to stop celebrating your wedding.
9. When can your vendors come and set up the decorations, seating,
food, etc? Some places will let you come the night before and set up
the venue in case they do not have another wedding on that day. Be
nice, smile a lot and ask them if you can use the venue the day before.
Most places will not have a problem with that.
10. Make sure there is enough parking space for all your guests.
Guests get quite annoyed when they have to park a few blocks down and
walk to the venue wearing their fancy clothes.
11. Go to as many wedding venues as you can to find the perfect one
for your wedding. It is really worth it and you will not regret it.